[LIBRARYDIR] Front Desk Position

Bem, Greg Greg.Bem at lwtech.edu
Wed Jul 7 15:45:22 PDT 2021

Greetings all,

Our library is finally looking to evolve staffing by hiring a part time front desk position. This would be a position aimed ideally for current grad students who are looking for some library experience before they get their degree, though in theory retirees or other folks could probably do just fine in the position as well. I'm wondering if any of you have something like this??

Key aspects of this role:

  *   Support evening and weekend hours when other library staff are unavailable
  *   Manage the front desk, including basic circulation, reference, directional, and other visitor-facing needs
  *   Occasionally (if interested) support instruction needs in a classroom aid-like capacity
  *   Work on special projects as-needed
  *   Hours = 5-10 per week

We also thought it might be a good paid internship position, since grad students tend to move through their programs so quickly.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Greg

Greg Bem, MLIS
Faculty Library Coordinator