[LIBRARYDIR] Copyright officer and DMCA directory

Coe, Erica ecoe at olympic.edu
Thu Feb 18 17:13:13 PST 2021

Hi all,

This came up in LLC as we were discussing how many of us are also copyright compliance officers.  If your college isn't already on the DMCA directory, you may want to consider it.  It was only $6.

This online registration is required in order to qualify for the safe harbor under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"), which protects qualifying internet service providers from claims of third party copyright infringement if they timely register and follow certain steps upon receiving notice of a claimed infringement. To register or to get more information, visit https://www.copyright.gov/dmca-directory/<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.copyright.gov%2Fdmca-directory%2F&data=04%7C01%7Cheath.hayden%40bellevuecollege.edu%7C72f9a2841ea34c8778ad08d89b8d982c%7Cf94c251c1347422eb3ea8ac56befd6cb%7C0%7C0%7C637430379737365700%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=9zCUIrcs%2FwVlj5wR9nxpWARj1D%2FacBWCK8HdOHDNURw%3D&reserved=0>.

You can use Copyright Officer instead of your name.  Before you register, you may want to create a Copyright email so you could include a group of people.  Some of the notices may be more relevant to IT.

Service Provider:
Olympic College
1600 Chester Ave
Bremerton,  WA  98337
Designated Agent:
Copyright Officer
Olympic College
1600 Chester Ave.
Bremerton,  WA  98337
Phone: 360-475-7262
Email: copyright at olympic.edu

I just noticed that this same information needs to be available on the website, so I'll be figuring that out too.

Thanks,
Erica