[LIBRARYDIR] Fall Plans Anyone?

Ventura, Gerie GVENTURA at highline.edu
Wed Aug 18 11:51:56 PDT 2021

Are you going to be open regular days and hours?

Sept 7-December 17 :

Monday 10am - 6pm
Tuesday 10am - 3pm
Wednesday 10am - 6pm
Thursday 10am - 3pm

Will you have any rules about study rooms?

The floor where the study rooms are will be closed until January.

Reserves?

in library use only. Books don't need to be quarantined. Books will be checked in the next day.

Curbside/Pickups?

No curbside available for the library.

Masks?

Absolutely required at all times by all. Cloth masks available to give to patrons if they don't have one.

Physical distancing?

Required. Only 2 chairs maximum at rectangular study tables. Tables are distanced. Every other computer is turned off; mice and keyboards have been removed.

Will you have any time or space limits in place for patron/staff interaction?

Interactions less than 15 minutes are ideal; face shields are available for staff use.

Note: computer and study tables must be booked/reserved via Microsoft Bookings. There are 2 computers for public use. We have flyers to give out if public wants to visit our two surrounding KCLS libraries for more expanded library services.

Note: we did a "soft opening" on August 9 so that library staff could remember how to open and close and speak to people face to face. It's going fine. Very few visitors. Some bring their own laptops.

Thanks,

Gerie Ventura (she/her/they)
[Louie Gong Native American artist-inspired Highline College Library. A blue eagle head on a green and white background with blue text.]

Gerie Ventura
Highline