[LIBRARYDIR] free PD opportunity, DEI initiatives in academic libraries

Ventura, Gerie GVENTURA at highline.edu
Fri Apr 9 13:28:33 PDT 2021

Title: DEI Initiatives in Academic Libraries

When:

April 29, 2021

1PM - 2PM EST

The registration page can be found here:
https://www.nasig.org/event-4253298<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.nasig.org/event-4253298__;!!OToaGQ!6p2gdNQ7daWnp9jyfAqDTtmVGtN-vnuwy16kzY1JdcZJxAU2g_QIjdoUq3mr4ws1UZ4$>

Join us for an hour of conversation to hear about some of the recent work NASIG's Equity & Inclusion Committee has been engaged in and how different academic institutions are supporting DEI initiatives in their libraries. The panel will feature Moon Kim and Ilda Cardenas of the E&I committee along with special guest Kelly Besser. The session will conclude with a guided open discussion on what initiatives other institutions are taking as well as a conversation about what can be done moving forward. Moderated by Dana Sinclair. Panelists are Moon Kim, Ilda Cardenas, and Kelly Besser.

Cost:

This webinar is free.

EDI, DEI: alphabet soup. I guess it's all the same?

FYI,

Gerie Ventura
Library Director
Highline College