[LIBRARYDIR] New Zoom License Allocation

Mark Jenkins mjenkins at sbctc.edu
Mon Mar 9 10:07:58 PDT 2020

FYI, from Grant Rodeheaver, SBCTC CIO. Please coordinate with your IT Department if you're needing licenses so that Kenn and Grant don't get multiple requests from the same college.

All,

Great news!

In response to  the COVID-19 outbreak OFM/K-20 has worked out a deal with Zoom for an additional 100,000 temporary licenses to assist with institution closures, online education, and telecommuting needs. K-20 was successful in obtaining these temporary licenses at no additional cost. In addition to the 100,000 Pro licenses, K-20 has also received an additional 500 temporary Webinar licenses capable of hosting 1000 participants.

The temporary licenses will be available with full functionality through June 30, 2020, after which the temporary Pro licenses will revert to Basic licenses.

We will be allocating these licenses using  the same allocation base, by router count, recently approved by the Consortium to divide up the licenses between the sectors. We will work with each sector individually on their own allocation model to the end users. Below is the allocation table of the temporary licenses.

Temporary Emergency License Allocation By Sector
Zoom Pro Licenses
Webinar 1000
Bacc
        7,833
              39
CTC
     12,272
              61
K-12
     72,585
           363
Private Bacc
        1,304
                7
Libraries
       4,439
              22
Tribal
        1,567
                8
Other
               -
               -
Program Office
               -
               -
TOTAL
   100,000
           500

To request additional temporary licenses against the allocation table above, please contact Kenn Nied and/or Grant Rodeheaver.   Kenn and Grant are authorized within the existing license request mechanism for K-20.

We'll need to be careful and economical in making the allocations.  Allocations will be made on an as-needed basis in an effort to maintain license availability.

Thank you,
-Grant

[Compass]Grant Rodeheaver
Deputy Executive Director / CIO, IT Division
grodeheaver at sbctc.edu<mailto:grodeheaver at sbctc.edu> * o: 360-704-3939  * c: 360-280-4733

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]