[LIBRARYDIR] WLA statement on Anti-Racism

Aden, Cindy cindy.aden at sos.wa.gov
Wed Jun 3 14:15:48 PDT 2020

Hi, all,

I do appreciate this conversation, and just in case you didn't see it, I copied and pasted the statement that came from the Urban Libraries Council. Apparently it has made the rounds of public libraries, and many have signed it.

And on another note, I understand that Mike Buschman let you all know that I have accepted an academic position at UW. I am thrilled to be named the third Distinguished Practitioner in Residence, but I am having a hard time imagining life outside of this role. It has been such a pleasure to get to know you all and to be able to advocate for many of the important issues that impact libraries.

I hope in my new role to do research that includes libraries in our state, so I trust we will not be strangers. And big thanks to Lynn Kanne, who was the first to forward me the job description for this position and to help me prepare for the interview:> I learned about community colleges before I learned about anything else:>

Best,

Cindy

Cindy Altick Aden (she/her) | Washington State Librarian
Washington State Library | Office of the Secretary of State
6880 Capitol Blvd SE, Tumwater, Washington
w: 360-704-5276 | c: 360-819-7236 | e: cindy.aden at sos.wa.gov<mailto:cindy.aden at sos.wa.gov>

[wsl-logo]<https://www.sos.wa.gov/library>     [WTBBL] <http://www.wtbbl.org/>     [wsl colored social icons_Facebook - Round] <https://www.facebook.com/WashingtonStateLibrary/>    [wsl colored social icons_Twitter - Round] <https://twitter.com/WAStateLib>    [wsl colored social icons_YouTube - Round] <https://www.youtube.com/user/WAStateLibrary>
~~ Connecting Washington through the power of libraries ~~