[LIBRARYDIR] Panopto

Mark Jenkins mjenkins at sbctc.edu
Wed Jun 3 15:04:32 PDT 2020

Hi Everyone

Last week I suggested a charge back cover Panopto video storage overages and I'd intended to send out a poll with some options about how that would look.
However, things move fast. Since last week, SBCTC has decided to

  *   Upgrade to Panopto Emerald with unlimited storage and 24/7 support for all users for FY20-21
  *   Cover the cost associated with the upgrade through at least FY 20-21.
This means that you can continue to upload Zoom recordings to Panopto. It also means that our preference that Panopto use be restricted to instruction is no longer applicable. You can use Panopto for streaming (for instance) non-instructional campus events.

Customer Success Advocate Alex Neubert will be communicating the details around the Emerald support package in the near future. Some benefits will include 24/7 end user support for faculty and students, and an Emerald Customer Only support line for Authorized Points of Contact to call in directly.

Thanks for your patience with this, and all your thoughts and suggestions. On to the next thing!

Mark

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]
Mark Jenkins
Director, Educational Technology & Open Education
mjenkins at sbctc.edu<mailto:mjenkins at sbctc.edu> * office: 360-704-4363  cell: 503-891-3515

COVID-19 REMOTE LEARNING RESOURCES<https://www.sbctc.edu/colleges-staff/programs-services/student-success-center/remote-learning-resources.aspx>