[LIBRARYDIR] State Authorization Network (SAN) Membership Contact Request

Mark Jenkins mjenkins at sbctc.edu
Thu Aug 27 11:27:21 PDT 2020

Hi Everyone

As I mentioned at the last ELC/LLC meeting, SBCTC has extended the 'system office' State Authorization Network  membership to allow contacts and resources for all colleges in the system. Previously our umbrella only covered 10 schools. More colleges have recognized the relevance of SARA and joined through WSAC, but are also realizing the knowledge gaps and technical process detail that's not well covered by the rules in the SARA manual. Since we don't have a system-wide approach or specific expertise at SBCTC, SAN is a great way to begin to get those questions answered.

The first step to making those resources available is to create a list of SAN contacts at each college.  I've linked a Google Sheet to this email - I'd appreciate it if you can fill it in. If it's not in your area, please feel free to share the link with the right people.  SBCTC will share this list with WCET/SAN and then you'll get permissions to use the resources, even if you're not a WCET member.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DztOe6Mo-mAVUFhrdL_Aex-KaUURkeMZ7XVpRwq7L3k/edit?usp=sharing

I know some of you are already SAN members, but I'd appreciate it if you'd double-enter your information here as well so we can have a consolidated list.

In addition to college contacts, our membership allows three COORDINATORS, who have access to another layer of resources. I'm one coordinator, and I've asked Kathy Chatfield at Clark and Melissa McBurney from CBC to fill the other roles. We'll be meeting to figure out the best ways to maximize the value of this membership to the system.

Thanks for helping out with this. I look forward to hearing suggestions about how to create some collective wisdom around this complicated topic.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark Jenkins
Director, Educational Technology & Open Education
Cell: 503.891-3515
Office: 360.704-4363

I'm currently working remotely. Please text before calling my cell phone if possible.