[LIBRARYDIR] Primo invoices etc.

Fuhrman, Tim timf at bigbend.edu
Mon Aug 10 13:04:05 PDT 2020

Hi All,

Back from a much needed stay-cation so am looking to get caught up in a variety of areas.

Cassandra Torres, our Program Assistant, tells me there have been some questions regarding Primo invoices being sent by the consortium.

#1 the idea is to make you lives easier!  I swear!!

The issue was that some libraries were being invoiced directly by Ex Libris for Primo then ALSO received invoices for Primo from the consortium!

HISTORY: Some libraries added Primo several years before we moved to Alma and created the consortium.  At that point some that didn't already have Primo added it, hence the weird invoices.  The plan for THIS year was that ALL invoicing from Ex Libris would be going through the consortium.  Each library would have only one invoice to pay once a year.  I had discussed this at various consortium meetings AND with Ex Libris and it was agreed this would be easiest for everyone. One of the things Wade is working on is to see if we can fold everything into one contract.

At the same time there has been a LOT of turnover in WACTC libraries all over the state the last couple years so folks were not here for those conversations so are rightfully confused as to what they were paying for and who to pay it too!

On top of that Ex Libris is notorious for having problems controlling their invoicing system so despite my agreement with Ex Libris to only invoice the consortium, some of you STILL received invoices. This is one more reason for the consortium to take this over in my mind. The other problem is that Covid has meant Ex Libris employees are working from home too so things have been forgotten/muddled.

If you have already paid for Primo directly just shoot a note to (cassandrat at bigbend.edu<mailto:cassandrat at bigbend.edu>) with a copy of the invoice you paid.  She'll update the consortium invoice to take that off for this year.  Not a problem.

If you have received an invoice for Primo but haven't paid it yet PLEASE DON'T!  Send a copy send it to Cassandra asap so we can make sure they match up.

On top of that we seem to have some general confusion as to if we should be paying tax on our Ex Libris invoices.  Working on that too...

Hopefully, by next year, Ex Libris will have its act together and this will not be an issue, but let's not hold our breaths on that one.

Please let me know if you have questions.  I'm always happy to help.

Yours,
Tim

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D288FB.64E12050]

Tim Fuhrman
Director of Library Resources
& eLearning
Big Bend Community College
timf at bigbend.edu<mailto:timf at bigbend.edu>

www.bigbend.edu<http://www.bigbend.edu/>

Bonaudi Library (ATEC/1800 Building)*7662 Chanute Street NE*Moses Lake, WA 98837-3299