[LIBRARYDIR] Ryan Dowd training on homelessness.

Mindy Coslor Mindy.Coslor at skagit.edu
Wed Nov 27 13:55:59 PST 2019

Hi everyone,

I am tremendously excited to share that Ryan Dowd is coming to Skagit County!  I have been wishing for an opportunity to attend a training since seeing him present at WLA last April.  He is the author of The Librarian's Guide to Homelessness.  Mr. Dowd strips away the myths about the homeless and shares his techniques for working with them utilizing an empathetic mindset.

The training will be open to libraries, community leaders, first responders, and community activists.  I am spreading the word among my library contacts.  We aren't limited to Skagit County.  If you want to spread the word among other libraries, please share!

The training will be held at the Swinomish Lodge Conference Room on Wednesday, March 25, 2020 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m..  The cost is $70 per person, but it is all day and includes lunch.  Community Action is planning to cap attendance at about 450 people.  I'll share out additional information and marketing materials as I get them.

Mindy

Mindy Coslor, PhD
Director of Library Services
Skagit Valley College