[LIBRARYDIR] ACRL Trends & Statistics Survey : Request to submit data

Goodwin, MaryAnn MaryAnn.Goodwin at ccs.spokane.edu
Mon Mar 11 11:53:53 PDT 2019

To my CTC Library friends and colleagues,

I am writing as a member of the editorial board for the ACRL Trends & Statistics Survey to urge you to complete this year's survey if you haven't already done so. The deadline has been extended to March 15, 2019 (and you can ask for a later deadline if need be).  Even if you can't respond to all of the questions, it's helpful to submit as much data as you can:  hundreds of librarians use the survey results for benchmarking, advocacy, and research and your responses to the Trends set of questions (this year's set of questions asks about your library's contributions to Student Success Initiative) is particularly important.  The best reason I can offer for taking the time to collect and submit your library's data, however, is that the ACRL survey questions are fully aligned with the IPEDS Academic Libraries questionnaire.  In fact, if you complete the ACRL survey in Counting Opinions, you can save a .txt file which can be uploaded directly to IPEDS in a matter of seconds, making IPEDS reporting very easy!

Hopefully you've seen messages about this year's survey collection period from ACRL and Counting Opinions (the company that runs the data collection process for ACRL).  If not, let me know and I'll contact Counting Opinions for you, so you can get your login/password and instructions. The survey submission website can be found at: https://acrl.countingopinions.com/<https://nam01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Facrl.countingopinions.com%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cmaryann.goodwin%40ccs.spokane.edu%7C24623b5b20164e4adab108d6a37f121c%7C4dedfefa6bd04442a06c98aed0b4b8da%7C1%7C0%7C636876163505438805&sdata=cNuh9mCnXLGdcfQnflXPkQaU2gU0Irvq8qyFbC5P0BI%3D&reserved=0>

I'm happy to answer any questions you have about the survey if I can, or I can connect you with the right person to help you. Additionally, the editorial board publishes a helpful LibGuide<https://acrl.libguides.com/stats/surveyhelp> and there are instructions linked to the survey website listed above.  Counting Opinions can also field questions (acrlsupport at countingopinions.com<mailto:acrlsupport at countingopinions.com> or 1-800-542-9847) about the survey.

Thank you for your hard work and time dedicated to assessment and statistics about the impact that libraries have in the U.S. and beyond.  Creating this large scale collection of data is important to our profession and those who advocate for it!

Mary Ann

Mary Ann Lund Goodwin, Ed. D.
Executive Director | CCS Libraries
Community Colleges of Spokane | 509-533-3820
maryann.goodwin at ccs.spokane.edu<mailto:maryann.goodwin at ccs.spokane.edu>

[CCS_color]