[LIBRARYDIR] OER tool: EBSCO Faculty Select

Mindy Coslor Mindy.Coslor at skagit.edu
Wed Jul 24 17:08:58 PDT 2019

Hi all,

I am sure that George Dragich (EBSCO) has been visiting everyone to talk about the new OER tool from EBSCO called Faculty Select.  I was pleased to see how simple it is to use.  It seems to me that it is a good starter for faculty new to OER and needing a way to find OER textbooks that are easy to add links into Canvas.  I like that we can import other resources found or owned by the library.  Since this platform is compatible with Canvas and helps lower or eliminate costs for students, I think it might be of interest to eLearning as well.  Here is a link to more information:

https://www.ebsco.com/products/ebsco-faculty-select

I am interested in agreeing to a pilot year if there are others willing to pilot as well.  The starting price is $1,000 for a community college.  EBSCO is willing to lower the price from there, if there are more colleges interested in a consortial purchase.

Mark and Boyoung, is this a product that the state board might underwrite to encourage faculty to move to low/no price text books?

Christie, could we look at EBSCO (e.g. a demo) as a possible consortial purchase?

Thanks,
Mindy

Mindy Coslor, PhD
Director of Library Services