[LIBRARYDIR] BBCC is hiring AGAIN!

Fuhrman, Tim timf at bigbend.edu
Wed Jul 24 09:27:17 PDT 2019

Want to know why you haven't heard much from me lately?...First Kathy Aldrich, our Program Assistant who has been her for 45 years retires.  Then Libby Sullivan, our Librarian, gets her dream job working for Mindy. Well, the dream was to live in Anacortes.  Working for Mindy is just a bonus.  The good news is we now have Kathy's position filled.  Cassandra (Cassie) Torres is our new PA.  You will be getting invoices from her for WACTLC soon.  Rhonda Kitchens is moving to Moses Lake from Florida to be our new librarian.  That should be an interesting culture shock.  NOW THIS!

Zach Welhouse, our eLearning Coordinator for the past five years, found his dream job at the Oregon State University and will be off to Corvallis in August!  I'm starting to feel a bit abandoned and need your help!

We do eLearning a bit different here at BBCC, which is why I'm posting to this group.  We've never had a full-time eLearning position and aren't likely to get one any time soon.  My solution was an "eLearning/librarian" hybrid. This person is a library staff member, spends time at the reference desk etc and is essentially my backup, hence the requirement for the MLS and the admin exempt status, but their primary focus is admin and support of campus eLearning applications.

If you know someone that loves working in the library but is ready for the challenge of helping students and faculty use Canvas and related applications to provide excellence in teaching and learning and would like to live in a small town this is the job for them! Please spread the word!

https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/bigbend/jobs/2516261/elearning-coordinator

Zach (zachw at bigbend.edu<mailto:zachw at bigbend.edu>) and I would happily answer any questions.

Thanks!
[cid:image002.jpg at 01D288FB.64E12050]

Tim Fuhrman
Director of Library Resources
& eLearning
Big Bend Community College
timf at bigbend.edu<mailto:timf at bigbend.edu>

www.bigbend.edu<http://www.bigbend.edu/>

Bonaudi Library (ATEC/1800 Building)*7662 Chanute Street NE*Moses Lake, WA 98837-3299