[LIBRARYDIR] Circulation over academic breaks

Bem, Greg Greg.Bem at lwtech.edu
Tue Jan 8 17:50:53 PST 2019

Hey all,

I'm wondering if anyone else allows circulation of books/movies/technology over the breaks (i.e. between quarters)?

We have been having some Alma difficulties based on term limits and scheduling, and tested out not checking things out over the break last break. There were about two dozen borrowing requests that didn't get fulfilled, which is pretty significant. Based on our current configuration and understanding of Alma, checking items out between the academic quarters has meant a lot of "manual" work from the tech services team. There might be a workaround but before going down that rabbit hole, I wanted to check in with you all on your policies.

Thanks,

Greg

Greg Bem, MLIS
Faculty Library Coordinator