[LIBRARYDIR] texting software

Stan Horton stan.horton at ghc.edu
Thu Feb 14 09:31:42 PST 2019

I find myself in charge of our Academic Early Warning system.  One of the issues we face is contacting students to see why they are having problems; that translates to (1) texting them when we have no idea of the cell service carrier, and (2) originating the messaging thru a computer.  We have identified a free solution (textfree.us) which supports that-but it comes with some severe limitations.

Are any of you using something else that allows this function?  And how would your review of the service read?  I suspect it might be best to reply off list, since this may not be of general interest.

Stan Horton
Associate Dean, Library, e-Learning, and Learning Support Services
Grays Harbor College