[LIBRARYDIR] LLC Work Plan

Bates, Aryana Aryana.Bates at seattlecolleges.edu
Fri Apr 12 12:58:27 PDT 2019

Hello library deans and directors,
I am looking forward to seeing you on April 25th at Spring LLC.  As you know, we need to have a solid draft of our 2018-2021 Work Plan completed by the end of our Spring meeting.

Each of the three work groups (Goals 1-3) are in the process of meeting individually in advance of LLC to generate solid drafts of their sections of the Work Plan: https://docs.google.com/document/d/158B3MirMcxfBoR9FgwQKuL9IxlQH33-umeFFQNhETLE/edit?pli=1

Goal 1 work group has been able to develop a solid draft of our four Objectives and concomitant Strategies, Responsibilities, and Expected Outcomes/Benchmarks.  There is more to do on this Goal, however, it may serve as a useful model to peruse (see above link).

Important to note is that the work groups for Goals 2 and 3 have an additional step of first deciding whether the current Objectives are important to maintain or whether they should be replaced/updated.  The Work Group Guide document listed in the LLC Team Drive/WorkPlans/Work Group Guide may be helpful in thinking through this step: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jVU-JLHSS616LWY3eD932kJwlBuLGaNH

At LLC there will be 90 minutes dedicated to bringing our Work Plan to solid draft form.  This time will be divided into three parts:
a) 15 minute update -- each work group states current status of group's progress (e.g., "we've met twice and have a solid draft")
b) 30 minutes individual group work time
c) 45 minutes whole group review of the Work Plan -- group leaders will identify whether their group's Goal draft is solid and/or whether there are areas where the group needs feedback from the larger group
d) we will identify whether the Work Plan draft is ready to send to IC; if not, we will identify a feasible deadline for ourselves

Please let me or Melinda Harbaugh know if you have any questions or suggestions,

See you soon,

Aryana
Chair Elect

Aryana Bates, MLS, PhD

Dean of the Library<http://libguides.northseattle.edu/welcome/instruction>, eLearning<https://erc.northseattle.edu/elearning-support-faculty>, TLC<http://webshares.northseattle.edu/tlc/abouttlc_staff.shtm>

North Seattle College

aryana.bates at seattlecolleges.edu