[LIBRARYDIR] Job Opening--Please Share

Mindy Coslor Mindy.Coslor at skagit.edu
Fri Sep 28 16:27:55 PDT 2018

[Skagit Valley College Logo]

SKAGIT VALLEY COLLEGE
invites applications for the position of:
Faculty Librarian - Whidbey Island Campus

For qualifications and to apply, complete an online application at https://www.skagit.edu/careers

The opportunity: Do you have a passion for higher education, information literacy, teaching, and supporting and serving diverse students? Do you possess a Master of Library and Information Science or equivalent degree from a program accredited by the American Library Association (ALA) and have one (1) year of experience as a professional librarian? Skagit Valley College is seeking applicants for a Faculty Librarian at our Whidbey Island Campus. You will work closely with the District Director of Library Services to manage library operations at the Whidbey Island Campus and Centers, work closely with other faculty to integrate information literacy into course content, and provide workshops and support to students.

What we offer: For this full-time position, initial placement is generally $55,636 for a standard 172-day contract. At SVC, you'll balance your work and life with professional growth opportunities, competitive leave packages, and an array of health, dental, vision, and retirement plans to meet your current and future needs.

About us: Established in 1926, Skagit Valley College is a comprehensive community college providing high-quality academic transfer pathways, workforce training, basic education for adults, and lifelong learning opportunities. SVC's commitment to equity and social justice drives our collective work to increase access to higher education, inspire student learning and achievement, and strengthen our diverse community. SVC aspires to reflect the diverse racial, ethnic, and linguistic demographics in the district, particularly a growing Latinx population. This aspiration reflects both our commitment to equity, inclusion, and social justice, and our desire to maintain the excellence of our faculty.

The Location: Skagit Valley College is nestled between the Cascade Mountains and the Salish Sea in the scenic northwest corner of Washington State. Located in a geographically diverse region between the dynamic metropolitan hubs of Seattle and Vancouver, BC, SVC is never far from world-class outdoor recreation, urban arts scenes, and local cultural events. SVC serves our local communities with a campus in Mount Vernon, Oak Harbor on Whidbey Island, and centers in Friday Harbor and Langley, a Marine Technology Center in Anacortes, and a Brewing Academy in Burlington.

How to apply: For full job announcements, qualifications, and to apply, visit our Career Opportunities page and complete an online application at https://www.skagit.edu/careers

Mindy McCormick Coslor, PhD
Director of Library Services
Skagit Valley College