[LIBRARYDIR] way for public borrowers to log in to Primo

Ventura, Gerie GVENTURA at highline.edu
Wed Oct 24 15:20:57 PDT 2018

Hello all:

I got this information about a new service (see below) today from Naoko, our Technical Services/Library Systems Coordinator. Apparently Wade discussed it during yesterday’s Tuesday online meeting.

This would be better than the social media login for our public borrowers…FYI

Thanks,

Gerie Ventura
Library Director
Highline College Library
2400 South 240th Street, M/S 25-2 | Des Moines, WA 98198 | 206.592.3134 | gventura at highline.edu<mailto:gventura at highline.edu>

“…I watched a webinar on Ex Libris Identity Service<https://vimeo.com/296639144> today. I'm not sure where we stand with the social login option implementation, but I remember there were some concerns about community members not having a Google account or any other social media accounts. According to Ex Libris, they understand this issue and are launching the Ex Libris Identity Service, which migrates the passwords of internal users (public borrowers for us) stored in Alma to an identity provider application hosted in the Ex Libris cloud for data security. The migration is going to happen in January 2019.

So, while the social login option continues to be available, this option might work better for us.”