[LIBRARYDIR] Uses of library fines and fees

Howard Fuller hfuller at whatcom.edu
Tue May 29 11:32:35 PDT 2018

Good morning,

At Whatcom CC we currently use our fines and fees to pay for items above and beyond our normal lines item, eg., we tap fines/fees to cover national conferences  (national ALA and ACRL) and some local travel once we've depleted those line items, other prof dev, to fund expensive furniture/white boards, and occasionally collection items.

What kinds of items or stuff do you purchase with fines/fees?
What boundaries do you have in the use of your fines/fees funds?

Thanks in advanced.
Howard

Howard Fuller
Library Director
Whatcom Community College
237 West Kellogg Road
Bellingham, WA 98226
360-383-3295  (library 3300, college 3000)
hfuller at whatcom.edu<mailto:hfuller at whatcom.edu>
library.whatcom.edu