[LIBRARYDIR] Mag strips on student ID cards

Jennifer Dysart JDysart at greenriver.edu
Fri Mar 30 16:21:47 PDT 2018

Mindy, we go a third route of printing the barcode as part of the initial card print.  We don't use a mag strip. This means that you can't tell by looking at the card if they are an active student or not.

FYI, staff cards have a proximity chip for our door card readers.  They also get their barcode printed on their card for areas using the barcode, like the library.
Jennifer