[LIBRARYDIR] [EXTERNAL] Re: public patrons in your libraries

Waite, Amy AWaite at clark.edu
Wed Feb 21 13:16:47 PST 2018

Hello,
      At Clark College, we generally only address inappropriate behavior which detrimentally impacts others or is violation of student code. Relevant links below.
Title 132N WAC CLARK COLLEGE<http://apps.leg.wa.gov/wac/default.aspx?cite=132N>
Clark Libraries Conduct Policy<http://library.clark.edu/content/policies%23conduct>

We allow limited access to computers for non-currently enrolled and prospective students as well as other community members. Relevant document below.

Request for Computer Usage – “Guests”

Computer use by non-Clark College students, faculty, or staff is a courtesy granted at the discretion of Cannell Librarians. Guest use is subject to availability of computers. Computers are available to guests after 4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday, and from 1:00-4:55 p.m. Saturday.

SUMMER SESSION: Computers are available to guests after 2:00 p.m. Monday—Thursday. We are closed Friday—Sunday during summer quarter.

Guests must agree to the following rules and procedures:

  *   Guest must obtain a Cannell Library Card (available with certain qualifications at the check-out desk) or have a valid ID from an Orbis/Cascade Alliance institution.
  *   Guest must sign in at the reference desk after obtaining a library card.
  *   Reference librarians are responsible for logging on guests.
  *   Computer use is limited to one hour per day.
  *   Printing and wi-fi are not available.
  *   Guests are expected to abide by the Clark College Computer Use Policy, which is posted at the reference area.  Clark Libraries Computer Use Policy<http://library.clark.edu/content/policies%23computer_use>

As you can see, we only extend this courtesy to residents of District 14 which must be verified by Access Services staff. However, we will accept as verification a confirmed Post Office Box in Vancouver or evidence that s/he is receiving mail at a temporary address.  We can offer to mail them a registration form to fill out and bring back as confirmation along with photo identification.  Because non-Clarkers don’t usually have school/security ID numbers, we also require/enter verified birth date.  We also limit their borrowing to 2 items out at any time.  Clark Libraries Borrowing Policy<http://library.clark.edu/content/policies%23borrowing>

Let me know if you have questions or want clarification.

Regards,

 Amy Waite
Access Services Manager
Clark College Libraries