[LIBRARYDIR] Archives space?

Mindy Coslor Mindy.Coslor at skagit.edu
Mon Feb 12 16:31:50 PST 2018

We've managed to weed some of the old records (ancient financial records).  We keep all the college catalogs, commencement programs, the old yearbooks, and literary magazines.  We also have a few photographs and a few programs of college events.  We are not so fortunate as to have a climate controlled room.  We keep everything in our Tech Services Workroom.  A digitization project is dreamed about, but we just don't have the staff.

It is my understanding that retaining college catalogs and commencement programs are among our mandates per the General Retention Schedule for Washington's Community and Technical College System (https://www.sos.wa.gov/_assets/archives/recordsmanagement/community-and-technical-colleges-sector-records-retention-schedule-v.1.1-(february-1998-updated-april-2007).pdf) .  Has anyone heard if that requirement has changed?

Dr. Mindy Coslor, Ph.D.
Director of Library Services