[LIBRARYDIR] Information about library research grant opportunities

Goodwin, MaryAnn MaryAnn.Goodwin at ccs.spokane.edu
Fri Feb 16 14:04:22 PST 2018

Dear Colleagues,

With LLC's Action Research Project well under way, I wanted to make sure you all know about a new ACRL research grant opportunity<http://www.ala.org/acrl/awards/researchawards/impactgrants> in case you haven't seen the announcement yet.  The opportunity may be of particular interest given that President Trump's budget proposal for FY 2019 "proposes funding for the orderly closure of the Institute of Museum and Library Services"<https://www.imls.gov/news-events/news-releases/imls-director-dr-kathryn-k-matthews-statement-presidents-proposed-fy-2019> which could affect our plans to request a second round of funding for LLC's Action Research in the Library grant program.

The ACRL proposal looks fairly easy to complete (the project proposal cannot exceed 1000 words), although successful applicants for the grants must be members of ACRL.  The deadline for submitting proposals is April 1, 2018.

Mary Ann

Mary Ann Lund Goodwin, Ed. D.
Executive Director | CCS Libraries
Community Colleges of Spokane | 509-533-3820
maryann.goodwin at ccs.spokane.edu<mailto:maryann.goodwin at ccs.spokane.edu>

[CCS_color]