[LIBRARYDIR] $5M Open Textbooks Grant & Call for Applications

Boyoung Chae bchae at sbctc.edu
Wed Aug 1 13:28:06 PDT 2018

[A screenshot of federal register website with the Open textbook grant applicaiton information]
<https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2018/07/30/2018-16264/applications-for-new-awards-fund-for-the-improvement-of-postsecondary-education-open-textbooks-pilot>

·        The U.S. Department of Education’s first grant for OER, totaling $5 million is calling for applications<https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2018/07/30/2018-16264/applications-for-new-awards-fund-for-the-improvement-of-postsecondary-education-open-textbooks-pilot>

·        Application document lists three "absolute priorities" for attractive applicants:

o   improving collaboration among consortia

o   filling gaps in the open-textbook market by specifically addressing high-enrollment courses

o   promoting degree completion

·        DOE will award the $5 million in 1-3 large grants of $1.5-4.95 million each

·        Applications are due August 29

Thank you,
Boyoung

Boyoung Chae, Ph.D.
Policy Associate, eLearning & Open Education
bchae at sbctc.edu<mailto:bchae at sbctc.edu>
OpenWa<http://openwa.org/>|Open Attribution Builder<http://www.openwa.org/open-attrib-builder/>
OpenEd Support and Services<https://goo.gl/MZL9W9>