[LIBRARYDIR] Dumas Bay December 7-8, 2017: Request for Information on your college's institutional priorities. Input needed before the LLC Meeting!

Vivienne Mcclendon vivienne.mcclendon at bellevuecollege.edu
Thu Sep 28 11:20:38 PDT 2017

Just in case you are searching for those Dumas Bay Dates, see MaryAnn’s email below for details.
Vivienne McClendon, Ph.D., MLIS
Dean, Library & eLearning, D260H
Bellevue College  |  425.564.3056  |
3000 Landerholm Circle
Bellevue, WA 98007-6484
vivienne.mcclendon at bellevuecollege.edu<file:///emailto/%20vivienne.mcclendon@bellevuecollege.edu>
*We’re on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/BellevueCollegeLibrary

From: LIBRARYDIR <librarydir-bounces at lists.ctc.edu<mailto:librarydir-bounces at lists.ctc.edu>> on behalf of "Goodwin, MaryAnn" <MaryAnn.Goodwin at ccs.spokane.edu<mailto:MaryAnn.Goodwin at ccs.spokane.edu>>
Date: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 6:38 PM
To: "librarydir at lists.ctc.edu<mailto:librarydir at lists.ctc.edu>" <librarydir at lists.ctc.edu<mailto:librarydir at lists.ctc.edu>>
Subject: [LIBRARYDIR] Request for Information on your college's institutional priorities. Input needed before the LLC Meeting!

Dear Colleagues,

Planning for the ACRLAssessment in Action (AiA) Workshop
At our fall LLC meeting, we are planning the agenda for the Assessment in Action (AiA) Workshop that is at the center of our new Washington State Library grant-funded project.

Christie Flynn and Andrew Hersh-Tudor, with assistance from Deb Gilchrist (who will be one of our workshop trainers!), are developing exercises for us to complete during the LLC meeting to help identify our colleges’ strategic priorities and initiatives—and to determine how many priorities we hold in common.  This information will inform the final curriculum presented to faculty librarians attending the AiA workshop scheduled for December 7-8, 2017, at the Dumas Bay Conference Center located in Federal Way.

How can you help?
Christie, Andrew, and Deb would like to see a list of your college’s top five (5) institutional priorities by October 4, 2017, so they have time to assess the information.  You can provide them with the information on the Google Form located here<https://goo.gl/forms/PzTiemFnpfHnKK8k1>.

Examples of Institutional Priorities
Not sure what an institutional priority looks like? Here are some examples that might help:

·         From Melinda Harbaugh at Lower Columbia, the Strategic Priorities<https://lcc.ctc.edu/info/webresources/Institutional-Research/Strategic-Initiatives.pdf> are based on the college’s Core Themes.

·         From Andrew Hersh-Tudor at Wenatchee Valley,

o   Completion. We are neck deep in implementing Guided Pathways, so we’re having a lot of conversations about completion.

o   Diversity, equity and inclusion. We have new resources supporting these aspirations, and are not lacking for reasons to be pursuing them (e.g. DACA).

o   New programs. We have everything from new certificates to new four-year degrees going into the catalog.

o   Accreditation. Our year seven visit is a year from this spring, so we’re all about data-based decision-making and evidence collection.

o   Student support.  We have a number of new grants aimed at supporting specific subpopulations.

·         From Mindy Coslor at Skagit Valley, the top priorities she plans to list are:

o   Student Achievement

o   Latino Engagement

o   Utilizing 21st Century Technologies

o   Aligning Educational Programs with Regional and State Economic Development Strategies

o   Institutional Capacity

·         At Community Colleges of Spokane, our four (4) Strategic Priorities are Student Success, Innovation, Sustainability, and  Collaboration and Communication.

Questions?  Please ask!

Thank you for sharing your college’s priorities with the AiA Workshop planning team!

Mary Ann

Mary Ann Lund Goodwin, Ed. D.
Executive Director | CCS Libraries
Community Colleges of Spokane | 509-533-3820
maryann.goodwin at ccs.spokane.edu<mailto:maryann.goodwin at ccs.spokane.edu>

[CCS_color]