[LIBRARYDIR] how long do you keep attachments/history AND reciprocal borrowing

Howard Fuller hfuller at whatcom.edu
Thu Oct 5 14:40:25 PDT 2017

Cheyenne,

We are keeping patron data for three years as we are hoping to run analytics comparing library use (using the checking out of material as a proxy) against student retention or completion data.  The retention of ALMA data may change in the coming years (three years isn't a long enough time to get really good completion comparator data). We are not anonymizing data either. As an aside, we do not collect patron use data at the reference desk (a point of instruction). If we did this kind of data might provide a stronger impact correlation.

Reading #2, no uptick - although we've had an MOU for the use of- and checking out of library material with all local libraries for years (prior to my arrival).  The students and employees from the following libraries can checkout WCC material using their home school ID or library card: BTC, Western Washington Univ., Northwest Indian College, Bellingham Public, and Whatcom County Library System.

I hope this is helpful.

Howard