[LIBRARYDIR] Mental Health Initiative Training Videos

Martin, Jeff jeff.martin at sos.wa.gov
Wed Oct 4 14:32:32 PDT 2017

The California State Library is currently conducting a Mental Health Initiative within their state. Six of their eight training videos are currently available on the California Library Service YouTube Channel. We have linked to these videos from our Training and Certification Resources webpage at https://www.sos.wa.gov/library/libraries/training/. Click on the California State Library logo to find this content.

Topics include establishing a positive staff culture around mental health, the do's and don'ts of interacting with affected patrons, exploring compassion fatigue, and more.

The Washington State Library appreciates their investment in this project and their generosity in allowing us to freely share it with you. I hope to receive the transcripts of these videos soon. When they are received, I will let you know that this resource is also available.

I hope you find these training videos useful.

JEFF MARTIN Manager, Library Development
Washington State Library | Office of the Secretary of State
6880 Capitol Blvd SE, Tumwater, Washington
w: 360-704-5248 | f: 360-586-7575
jeff.martin at sos.wa.gov<mailto:jeff.martin at sos.wa.gov>

[wsl-logo]<https://www.sos.wa.gov/library>   [WTBBL] <http://www.wtbbl.org/>    [wsl colored social icons_Facebook - Round] <https://www.facebook.com/WashingtonStateLibrary/>    [wsl colored social icons_Twitter - Round] <https://twitter.com/WAStateLib>    [wsl colored social icons_YouTube - Round] <https://www.youtube.com/user/WAStateLibrary>