[LIBRARYDIR] Circulating Chromebooks...

Harbaugh, Melinda mharbaugh at lcc.ctc.edu
Mon Mar 20 11:21:40 PDT 2017

Hi Lynn,

We have our students sign a borrowing agreement requiring them to pay for lost or damaged Chromebooks. We report it on campus and a hold is placed on their records. They cannot register or graduate until it's squared away. We do take special circumstances into consideration. We've been doing this for over a year now, and we've only had to replace around two Chromebooks. One was damaged and the student was very upfront and apologetic, so we worked with him on a resolution. Our borrowing agreement is linked here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0jH3YU9nh5JcHJ4Zkh1Q3pSaEE/view?usp=sharing

Melinda Harbaugh
Interim Dean of Instruction & Learning Resources
Lower Columbia College
1600 Maple St, Longview, WA 98632
(360) 442-2662