[LIBRARYDIR] For Our Upcoming LLC Meeting: Please Take a 1 Minute Survey

Vivienne Mcclendon vivienne.mcclendon at bellevuecollege.edu
Fri Apr 21 12:31:33 PDT 2017

Deans,
In August of 2006, the LLC created a 21st Century Digital Library Project proposal which over time successfully made its way all the way through the state legislature. Unfortunately, the recession began and the governor did a line item veto, ending the project. Since we now have the consortium in place, we would like to see if there remains any usefulness in the project to be leveraged to create some of our first steps together as a new library consortium.

Please take a moment to open the 2 attached documents and then please visit our 1 minute survey to help us create our breakout groups prior to our meeting. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3KG2QF5 This survey will allow us to balance not only the size of the groups but the mix within the breakout groups.

FYI: The questions which will be posed to the breakout groups are:

1.       Are these documents still relevant and what updates do you suggest?

2.       What activities do we want to elevate to the new consortium?

3.       What are the next steps (i.e. opportunities for funding)?

Thank you for your help in our pre-planning efforts!
Vivienne and Mindy

PS: If you are not planning on attending due to other commitments, you, too, can participate! After reviewing the documents, please email any comments or suggestions to: Vivienne and Mindy. We’ll be glad to share your comments with the appropriate breakout groups during our activity.

Vivienne McClendon, Ph.D., MLIS                                 Dr. Mindy Coslor, Ph.D.
Dean, Library & eLearning, D260H                               Director of Library Services
Bellevue College  |  425.564.3056  |                             Skagit Valley College
Bellevue, WA 98007-6484                                               360.416.7761