[LIBRARYDIR] Please Support Lisa Janicke Hinchliffe for ALA President

Debra Gilchrist DGilchrist at pierce.ctc.edu
Tue Mar 22 21:36:25 PDT 2016

?Dear Colleagues:   I'm writing to encourage your support for Lisa Janicke Hinchliffe for ALA President.  Lisa is a strong leader,  creative and analytical thinker, and excellent advocate for all types of libraries.   She is the only candidate who has worked in a community college library and has continued throughout her career to reach out to us for information and perspective, and to be sure community colleges are included in ACRL endeavors.  She demonstrated her expertise and leadership as ACRL President,  developing the Value of Academic Libraries initiative and continuing to design innovative ways for academic libraries to further show connection to our colleges.She will be an excellent ALA leader!

I hope you will vote for Lisa for ALA President!   I am happy to answer any questions if you would like to email me off the list.

Thanks!

Deb Gilchrist

VP, Learning and Student Success

Pierce College Fort Steilacoom