[LIBRARYDIR] Alma questions

Hersh-tudor, Andrew AHersh-tudor at wvc.edu
Wed Jan 28 12:07:54 PST 2015

I'll give this a shot, Nina.  This is a rapidly moving target but we're
starting to close in.

-          Re joining later - the focus is on structuring the project so
that we get as many participants as possible in three waves of
implementation. The system is contributing some funds to help colleges
that would struggle to participate because of implementation costs.
We're still working out how to allocate those funds.

-          Support is the next item on our list. We need to have at
least a plan to present to the state board by the end of next week. We
have structured the project cost so that we would have two full-time
technical support folks (similar to Shellie's role, and including
Shellie), and we are well aware that Voyager support may need to
continue.  Just FYI, we're currently looking at having all of the
Voyager libraries in the first two cohorts simply because that will make
implementation easier for everyone.

-          I honestly can't reply to the question re Voyager for 3rd
party purposes.  I suspect that's simply part of the implementation
process, but I'll ask our Ex Libris rep to verify that.

Thank you for your questions, Nina!

-Andrew