[LIBRARYDIR] systems management

Palo, Eric epalo at rtc.edu
Tue Feb 12 13:15:21 PST 2013

We only have two librarians.

One of them does all our systems work.  That includes our library interface with the campus IT department, managing our Voyager library system, technical interface with database vendors, and creating and maintaining our library website.

Our cataloging is done by a senior classified staff member with extensive training and experience in technical services.  The classified staff member and the librarian work together on cataloging system issues, if needed, but the librarian does not review the cataloging work of the staff member.

I make collection development decisions (with input from others) and a different classified staff member does the ordering of what I select.

   Eric Palo                         epalo at RTC.edu

    Library Director            (425) 235-2331