[Lcta] LTCA Summer Meetings and Elections

Tarker, Daniel Daniel.Tarker at seattlecolleges.edu
Mon Jul 6 13:36:54 PDT 2020

Hi LTCA Folks,

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the beautiful weather. I know there are a lot of changes going on at schools across the state – and many of us our engaged in challenging conversations about budget reductions.

So, I think it is worthwhile to organize an LTCA meeting for this summer. We had originally scheduled the meeting for a Friday, but we understand some folks are being furloughed on Fridays. So I’ve created a Doodle Poll<https://doodle.com/poll/edtzd3ezqf9pv7u7> to reschedule our meeting. This poll only asks for day availability, not time. I imagine we will do a morning 9 am – 12 pm meeting like we did in spring. Please respond by the end of the week so we can get this on our calendars.

Also, if you have any topics that you want us to cover – or a presentation you would like to make – let me know.

Finally, we need to conduct our board elections this summer. According to our bylaws<https://canvas.northseattle.edu/courses/1777046>, we need to elect a chair, co-chair, secretary, and treasurer.

I think the best way to go about this is to submit names to this form for the people  you would like to nominate<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScgT5Bq6ligasuYI7dRH3bVws36pHq51OiFmf4GBY5s6JsI9A/viewform?usp=sf_link> you would like to nominate<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScgT5Bq6ligasuYI7dRH3bVws36pHq51OiFmf4GBY5s6JsI9A/viewform?usp=sf_link> for these positions. You can also nominate yourself – for multiple positions as well. Let’s set a deadline for Friday, July 17 to submit nominees for these positions. Then, we will create a poll that will run from July 18 – July 24 so everyone can vote on the nominees. That way we will have a board by our summer meeting.

I know this is probably another thing on your plate, but I think it’s important to get done this summer so we can get off to a good start next year – which I’m sure will be a challenging one.

Dan