[Lcta] FW: Materials for LTCA Meeting Tomorrow

Tarker, Daniel Daniel.Tarker at seattlecolleges.edu
Thu Jan 30 11:03:33 PST 2020

Hi all,

In preparation for our Learning and Tutoring Center Association meeting tomorrow from 8:30 am - 3 pm at Lake Washington Technical College in Room W401 (West Building),<https://www.lwtech.edu/about/facilities/maps/> we wanted to provide some materials in advance. (Note: We are not sending a parking pass since LWTC does not charge for parking.)

As a reminder, here is our schedule for tomorrow.

8:30 am - 9:00 am: Breakfast/Gathering/Networking (Provided by the school)
9:00 am - 10:30 am: Four Connections and Tutoring led by Sally Heilstedt, M.A
10:30 am - 12:00 pm:  Bylaws Review and Voting to Adopt

12:00 pm - 1:00 pm:  Lunch (On Our Own)

1:00 pm - 2:00 pm: Committee Work Time - Guided Pathways, Busting Silos, and Research

2:00 pm - 2:30 pm: Committee Work Share Out

2:30 pm - 3:00 pm: Open Discussion/Networking/Tour of Learning Lab and Supplemental Instruction

The first two attached documents are for Sally Heilstedt's Four Connections training. She'll be leading us in a discussion about how this framework can inform tutoring practice.

The third document is the latest draft of the LTCA bylaws drafted by Erin Gibbons (Seattle Central College), Jonathan Molinaro (Bellevue College), Lisa Sandoval (Seattle Central College), Lindsey Powers (Bellevue College), Ward Ryder (South Seattle College), and Dan Tarker (North Seattle College).

Please do not comment on the bylaws on the listserv. We recognize this is an emerging draft and we will be discussing and revising them tomorrow.

As an update, the LTCA is an agenda item on the next SBCTC Instructional Commission meeting. They will be considering whether to include the LTCA as a new state council reporting to the Instructional Commission. You can see the current org. chart here. <https://www.sbctc.edu/resources/documents/colleges-staff/commissions-councils/wactc/wactc-org-chart.pdf>  We should be prepared to discuss this as well since there may be potential for debate about whether we should be under the WA State Student Services Commission instead.

Thanks - and looking forward to seeing everybody tomorrow for some fruitful collaboration.

Dan

Daniel Tarker, MFA, Ed.D. (He, him, his)
Director  of the Student Learning Center
North Seattle College
9600 College Way North
Seattle, WA 98103
206.934.4754