[GuidedPathways] Register: 2023 Spring Guided Pathways Student Success Institute on Wednesday, April 12th

Claudine Richardson crichardson at sbctc.edu
Fri Mar 10 16:43:38 PST 2023

Dear Community and Technical College Family,

Hello, and happy Friday!!! It's with enthusiasm that I share that registration is open for all the Community and Technical Colleges to attend (virtually) the 2023 Spring Guided Pathways Student Success Institute on Wednesday, April 12th.

Link to agenda: https://bit.ly/23SGPSSINEP
Registration Link: https://eventactions.com/eareg.aspx?ea=Rsvp&invite=gszmcatk5acujpzjt834ef0sm69eg2w3g7s4gx7ywcx0zjbxwnww.

Guided Pathways Student Success Institute

Condensed Agenda

Institute Date: Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Location: Zoom (Virtual)

Links for Pre, and the Day-of-the-Event materials will be included in this document when available.

Registered participants will also receive a calendar invite with the main Zoom link included.

Bitly Link for google document: https://bit.ly/23SGPSSINEP

Registration Link: 2023 Guided Pathway Student Success Institute Registration <https://eventactions.com/eareg.aspx?ea=Rsvp&invite=gszmcatk5acujpzjt834ef0sm69eg2w3g7s4gx7ywcx0zjbxwnww>

Registration Closes on Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Colleges Invited:

*       All the Washington Community and Technical Colleges are invited to the 2023 Guided Pathways Student Success Institute.

College Contact:

*       Vice President of Learning/Instruction coordinates the selection and registration of the college team at the respective institution.

SBCTC Lead: Claudine Richardson (crichardson at sbctc.edu)

Speakers:  Mark Salinas, Maria Saldana, Evette Jasper, Brigid Nulty, Dutch Henry, Monica Wilson, you, and more.

Suggested Team Composition:

*       Instruction & Student Services Leadership, Institutional Research Representative, Chairs, Deans, Multicultural Director, Diversity and Equity Officer, faculty, student services directors, advisors, navigators, technology team members, E-learning members, Library Leadership Council, Career and Employment Services Council team members, faculty, and staff from your college. Teams of 10-12 minimum per college.

Introduction:

*       Welcome to the 2023 Spring Guided Pathways Student Success Institute. We have had the amazing opportunity to listen to your growing questions as you move into operationalizing the next generation of Guided Pathways work. One of the themes that arose as we reviewed ways to best support was the need for coaching. Coaching ourselves and coaching team members in a myriad of capacities. Thus, we are enthused to welcome the National Equity Project (NEP) team to the 2023 Student Success Institute. The NEP will be helping us breathe  Tapping Into our Agency and Listening and Leadership into our Guided Pathways work by helping us further develop those skill sets. Further, we will have an opportunity in June 2023 (for those interested) to engage in other scopes of using an equity foundation to practice our Guided Pathways work.  Lastly, following the NEP session in the morning, we will engage with our CTC system colleagues on learning ways we can or believe we have used these skillsets to build or continue the momentum for Guided Pathways Equity Strategy essential practices.

Learning Outcomes:

*       Further Develop the skillset needed to understand your sphere of influence by tapping into your agency in developing your ideas from concept to moving into discernment, accountability, and energy.

*       Engage in Learning the practice of constructivist listening as a Social Justice, Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, Accountability, and Belonging practice that encourages and supports the needed conversations in demanding and emotionally challenging spaces.

*       Share in Community ways you have can or have practiced principles in spaces for shifting enrollment, mapping to the next steps (operational cycles), new student orientation programming, faculty onboarding for student success, using data for Faculty Collaboration and change in Gateway Courses.

Location/Room: A zoom link will be sent before the event through a calendar invite for all registered participants.
Closed Captioning:

*       SBCTC is committed to providing equal access for individuals with disabilities to its programs and events in accordance with the ADA and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act.

*       We will have ASL Interpreters present on request. Please let us know if you require an ASL Interpreter during the breakout room activity.

*       Please email amontenegro at sbctc.edu<mailto:amontenegro at sbctc.edu> around March 24, 2023, so we might provide the best possible opportunity to support collective and individual learning.

Pre-attendance Request:

o   Before arrival at the institute, please modify your Zoom name to show [Name | Pronouns]. How to rename yourself in Zoom instructions: https://bit.ly/3tX2Nj1RenameinZoomAccount

Schedule: Wednesday, April 12th
Time                                  Agenda Topic
8:15-8:30 AM                   Care and Check-in
8:30-9:00 AM                   Welcome, Centering & Introductions
9:00-12:00 AM                 Plenary: National Equity Project
Mark Salinas, Director in the Center for Equity Leadership; Maria Saldana, Associate; and Evette Jasper, Associate at the  National Equity Project (NEP)
Opening
View On Equity & Resources
Tapping Into Your Agency
Listening and Leadership
Constructivist Listening
10:30 -10:45 AM            Break
12:00-1:25 PM                 Lunch (on your own)
1:30-2:30 PM                   Conversation Spaces:
1A Spaces: Spaces for Shifting and Supporting Enrollment with Innovation in Equity Practices
1B Space: Mapping to the Next Steps (Operationalizing the Work) - What is the Next Steps for Your Campus and When Do You Plan to Map THAT Communication Process
1C Space: New Student Orientation Re-programming - Lessons Learned and What are You Doing to Make It Better?
1D Redesigning Faculty Hiring, Onboarding, and tenure to Center Black and Brown Student Excellence (Presentation)
1E Shorelines Community College Gateway Course Practice(s) for Building Partnership and Faculty Support in Guided Pathways (Facilitated Conversation)
2:30 - 2:45 PM               Break
2:45-3:15 PM                   Wrap-up and Closing Thoughts

The value of your personal time is priceless, and please feel obliged not to reply to this email outside of your working hours.

Respectfully and Humbly,

[signature_198601869]Claudine Richardson, Ph.D., M.S., M.P.A.
Pronouns: they |them |theirs
Policy Associate | Student Success Center and Strategic Initiatives
Equity and Accountability Professional Development in Guided Pathways
PO Box 42495 | 1300 Quince Street SE | Olympia | WA | 98504
crichardson at sbctc.edu<mailto:crichardson at sbctc.edu> | c. 509.230.3690
sbctc.edu * Twitter: @SBCTCWashington * Facebook: @WASBCTC

2023 Spring Guided Pathways Student Success Institute on Wednesday, April 12th: https://bit.ly/23SGPSSINEP.

2023 Winter Guided Pathways Cohort 1 and 2 Retreat on January 26th and 27th: https://bit.ly/23WGPC12R.

2022 Fall Guided Pathways Student Success Institute on Wednesday, November 9th: https://bit.ly/22FGPSSI.

2022 Student Success Colloquium Agenda "An Ethic of Care: Beyond Empowerment for Our Students, Faculty, and Staff": https://bit.ly/3LF3y5x.
The Strategic Initiatives and Student Success Center Team is working remotely. We are always enthused to support and be of assistance.

SBCTC Vision: "Leading with racial equity, our colleges maximize student potential and transform lives within a culture of belonging that advances racial, social, and economic justice in service to our diverse communities."