[GuidedPathways] 2021 Fall Guided Pathways Retreat Canvas, Zoom Links, Questions, etc.

Claudine Richardson crichardson at sbctc.edu
Wed Nov 3 10:04:36 PDT 2021

Dear CTC Fam,

Morning! It's Wednesday! As promised, more components of the 2021 Fall Guided Pathways Retreat Canvas were published this morning.

Registration Will Close: We have 300 people registered and will be closing registration at the end of the day. Reason: Zoom capacity for the breakout rooms.

Virtual Retreat and Which Colleges: Please remember this Fall event is a virtual Guided Pathways retreat for all of the CTC's to attend. The 2022 Winter retreat will be virtual and only for cohorts 1 and 2. The 2022 Spring Guided Pathways institute will be virtual for all the CTC's. I hope this helps.

Zoom Links, Where Do I Find: Answer... in Canvas. At this time, I ask you don't share the Zoom information. A team member needs to register and accept their Canvas invite to locate the links. We have been resending Canvas invites for those who have not yet accepted their invite every day - sometimes 2x per day. Please check the account and email associated with your Canvas.

Questions... Check Canvas: During the event, we will be directing everyone to the 2021 Fall Guided Pathways Retreat Canvas when questions are asked. As such, I am suggesting each participant take a few moments to review the structure and what is going to be asked during the retreat. I know I am a deep thinker when questions are asked of me. So, seeing the facilitated team time questions, gathering my BEdA disaggregated data, or reviewing and accessing the pre-work prepares me to do better work and engagement the day of the gathering. Plus, Everyone would prefer to enter a space calm and relaxed - with some expectation of what to expect.

Where are the Presentation Slides: On Friday, November 5th, we will start releasing the presentation slides.

Who should attend the President to President Session: Presidents and Chancellors should attend - time permitted in their schedule. There is no substitution for your President and/or Chancellor and we understand if they are unable to join their Peers. Hope your GP lead shared. As soon as we knew about the session, we added such to the agenda.

Briding Announcements to the 2021 Fall Guided Pathways Retreat from the List-Serve to Canvas: Moving forward, I will start making updates and announcements for the 2021 Fall Guided Pathways Retreat in Canvas.

What else should I know: We are looking forward to engaging with you. As a BIPOC member at the confluence of many historically oppressed, minoritized, and marginalized identities, I have always entered higher education spaces wondering "how will I support myself, team members, and students by incorporating EDI in Predominately White Institutional (PWI) spaces." Historically and currently, we have many spaces where BIPOC members may ask this question of themselves, roll up their sleeves, and excel beyond measure. However, the "beyond measure" is often interpreted by non-BIPOC members. Thus, as you continue to do Guided Pathways work - I ask you to start with you. How are you going to hold yourself accountable for EDI work and to lead with racial equity? The work of trust and "love in all spaces" needs to start and continue with the "I and me work". Ask, How am "I" reflective of where the "I" and "me" are with "my" equity consciousness (actions) and EDI? When you reach your answer, how will you dive deeper into the work? When you do... and that momentum builds institutional equity gaps in the work you do and for yourself will start to close. That is the work we are called to do in Guided Pathways.

Much heart fam and looking forward to being in your company soon.

The value of your personal time is priceless, please feel obliged to not reply to this email outside of your working hours.

Respectfully and Humbly,

[signature_198601869]Claudine Richardson, Ph.D., M.S., M.P.A.
Pronouns: they |them |theirs
Policy Associate | Student Success Center
PO Box 42495 | 1300 Quince Street SE | Olympia | WA | 98504
crichardson at sbctc.edu<mailto:crichardson at sbctc.edu> | c. 509.230.3690
sbctc.edu * Twitter: @SBCTCWashington * Facebook: @WASBCTC

SBCTC Vision: "Leading with racial equity, our colleges maximize student potential and transform lives within a culture of belonging that advances racial, social, and economic justice in service to our diverse communities."