[GuidedPathways] Quick Read on "Reinventing our Roles as Teachers" by Steven Mintz

Claudine Richardson crichardson at sbctc.edu
Mon Aug 23 07:06:09 PDT 2021

Hello everyone.

My name is Claudine Richardson and I am serving as the Policy Associate for the Student Success Center. I hope you are well and nurtured in body, mind, spirit, and emotions. I thought it would be a great idea for us to share what research, events, books, and articles are inspiring us at the moment.

I am feeling re-energized and inspired by mentors and mentees this month. Like many, I was so focused on supporting students in the midst of multiple pandemics, I never lifted my head to celebrate the wins. It took mentors and mentees, like you, to remind me of the wins. It was a teachable moment of sharing and innovating.

Our conversation reminded me that we are all teachers and "Reinventing Our Roles as Teachers: Reimagining what it means to be a college educator post-COVID-19," by Steven Mintz further served as a nudge. The quick read is accessible at: https://www.insidehighered.com/blogs/higher-ed-gamma/reinventing-our-role-teachers#.YR3c8-6XrBY.link  The pdf version is also attached.

Have a great day.

The value of your personal time is priceless, please feel obliged to not reply to this email outside of your working hours.

Respectfully and Humbly,

[signature_198601869]Claudine Richardson, Ph.D., M.S., M.P.A.
Pronouns: they |them |theirs
Policy Associate | Student Success Center
PO Box 42495 | 1300 Quince Street SE | Olympia | WA | 98504
crichardson at sbctc.edu<mailto:crichardson at sbctc.edu> | c. 509.230.3690
sbctc.edu * Twitter: @SBCTCWashington * Facebook: @WASBCTC

SBCTC Vision: "Leading with racial equity, our colleges maximize student potential and transform lives within a culture of belonging that advances racial, social, and economic justice in service to our diverse communities."