[GuidedPathways] What Data Can Faculty Access On Your Campus?

Lopez, Leticia Tish.Lopez at seattlecolleges.edu
Wed Oct 30 10:18:49 PDT 2019

Hello,

Our district is in the process of implementing Starfish.  Faculty participating in the pilot are requesting access to specific data in Starfish such as their students' transcripts, placement data, demographic data, contact information, etc..   We are in the process of working with the Assistant Attorney General and Registrars at each campus to determine if this request is feasible.

We would find it helpful to learn more about what data faculty can access across our system.

Questions for This Group:

1)  Do faculty on your campus have access to their students' data such as transcripts, placement data, demographic data, etc?

If yes...

2) What student data do they have access to?

3) Where do faculty go to access this data?

4) Were faculty required to complete training or sign any documents before being given access to this data?

We'll be happy to report back our findings to this group.  Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Best,

Tish

Leticia Lopez
Faculty Co-Lead, Guided Pathways Initiative
English Coordinator
South Seattle College
Office: RSB 193
(206) 934-5872