[GuidedPathways] Updated survey results: Guided Pathways - Meta-Majors and Tools

Thomas Mankovich tmankovich at sbctc.edu
Mon Dec 10 08:40:41 PST 2018

All,

Hope all is well and, especially for cohort 1 & 2 colleges, your Guided Pathways efforts are moving forward as planned. We have expanded the meta-major survey to include all colleges and I thought I'd share the updated results (attached).  The survey response has been great, a big thank you for responding and it's not too late if you haven't!

Best Regards,
Tom

Subject: RE: Guided Pathways - Meta-Majors and Tools Survey

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for the great response to the meta-majors and tools survey. I'd like to share what we have so far, attached is the first analysis which focuses specifically on meta-majors and third-party tools. The spreadsheet has four tabs:

1)      "survey response" - a list of GP cohort 1 and 2 colleges and their survey response status

2)      "summary"  - counts by college of GP tools implemented or under consideration, counts by college of meta-majors by group description*, and meta-major detail.

3)      "meta-major data" - source data for the meta-major counts and grouping

4)      "tools data" - source data for the tools counts, includes notes regarding GP tools and Legacy/ctcLink functionality gaps.

*The meta-major groups were created during the consolidation. If you have any thoughts or suggestions on improving the grouping, please let me know.

As noted in some of the responses, meta-majors are still being defined and are subject to change. However, this is where we're currently at and the data provides a baseline. Please stay tuned, we'll be incorporating program of study in future analyses.

Best Regards,
Tom

[Compass]Thomas Mankovich
Policy Research Associate