[FYE-CSS] engagement in College Success

Elizabeth Zitron EZitron at pierce.ctc.edu
Mon Jan 31 12:34:59 PST 2022

THanks for the article, Bryce!

Erica: Some changes I've been making to our course that students seem to enjoy are:

  *   Choice of assignments each week: they choose what to work on based on what they believe they need
  *   Addition of financial literacy modules (Happy to share!)
  *   I structure class so they decide what they need to know/learn the first half of class then we do my plan the second half. This has really worked well!
  *   Spent first two weeks entirely on community building, getting to know each other
  *   Anonymous feedback form that includes a secret message they type into an assignment in Canvas to get credit for. This has been super helpful
  *   Get to know your survey for point first week of class which helps me adjust class and reach out to each individual student based on what they tell me

Keep us posted!

 Lizz (Elizabeth) Zitron
 she/her/hers
Assistant Professor and Program Chair, College Success

Pierce College

p:      253-912-2353

a:      Cascade 519, 9401 Farwest Drive SW, Lakewood, WA  98498
w:      www.pierce.ctc.edu<http://www.pierce.ctc.edu/> e: ezitron at pierce.ctc.edu

[pierce college logo]
TOP 5 Community College in the Nation
[aspen prize for community college excellence rising star 2019 logo and achieving the dream leader college of distinction logo]