[Factc] mtg minutes and Fall update

Anne Brackett abrackett at everettcc.edu
Wed Jun 2 16:54:36 PDT 2021

Hello Colleagues,
I hope your middle of the week/end of the quarter is going well.

If you were not at the last FACTC meeting, please allow me to introduce
myself as I am the new FACTC president.  My name is Anne Brackett and I
teach chemistry at Everett Community College.  Outside of the classroom I
am interested in faculty leadership and how faculty can foster
organizational change.  I'm looking forward to working with you over the
next year on our FACTC goals.

Ok, now for a few housekeeping items...

Here are the meeting minutes
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V254gI2HKzK4BBlyE4KErIpMPn_SYh7d/view?usp=sharing>
(also
attached as a word file) from our recent spring quarter FACTC meeting.  Let
me know if you have any questions or edits.  If you're a
new representative, it's common practice to look over the minutes, identify
3 or 4 items of interest for the faculty on your campus, and share those in
an all faculty email with a link to the meeting minutes.  This practice
raises awareness of what FACTC is and accomplishes our FACTC goal of
keeping faculty informed.

Please mark your calendars for two meetings in the fall.  Why two
meetings?  First, if all 34 of us attend, campus reports will take up the
entire time.  These reports and the discussions they spark are worthwhile
to dedicate time to.  Second, we are 80% new members in the past two
years.  That's awesome!  And, it means we don't know one another yet.  It's
hard to collaborate with strangers so let's spend some time getting
acquainted.  With these objectives in mind, here's the plan for fall:

*Meeting #1: **October 14 from 3-4:30 pm via Zoom *

Focus on building FACTC connections

*Meeting #2: **October 28 from 3-4:30pm via Zoom*

Campus reports, officer reports, and other business as time permits

Zoom links will be sent out closer to the meetings.  I hope you are able to
attend both meetings.  Don't hesitate to reach out if you have questions or
would like to help plan Meeting #1.

All the best,
Anne

PS...apologies if this message is a repeat; Terry says my first attempt did
not go through.
--
Anne Brackett
FACTC President