[Factc] Amazing Virtual Conference Wednesday April 7- Friday April 9 - In Progress now!

Lewis, Jerry jlewis at columbiabasin.edu
Wed Apr 7 07:49:29 PDT 2021

The conference is in session now - The Morning Show is ending soon and will lead into the first keynote about algorithms biasing education (see below) at 8 a.m. PT.

NWeLearn<https://nwelearn.org/conference/>, eLCC<http://www.elearningcolorado.org/> and NW/MET<https://nwmet.org/> (acronyms expanded below) are co-hosting a virtual conference<http://www.elearningcolorado.org/conference.html> April 7-9, 2021, free of charge.  There is a wide range of topics related to education, online, equity, etc., with about 100 concurrent presentations and three keynotes (see below).  The schedule<https://nwelearn.org/conference/2021-program/> (see tips below) is available (be sure the selection is on the correct time zone).  Each day will start with The Morning Show at 7 a.m. PT and end with a social activity at 4 p.m. PT. As of Monday, there were over 1500 registrants from all over the world, and we've increased the limit to over 2,000!

Here's the registration link<https://elcc.corsizio.com/c/5ff7910a7eb2d1dbcd23829a>  (registration is required to be able to access the Zoom links, and did I mention, it’s free of charge!)  It’s going to be an exciting conference.  Definitely not your grandpa’s eLearning conference!

[cid:745ff0f0-526c-424b-b90a-182900047540]Join us on Discord for the latest conference updates<https://discord.gg/znaK6uzXD4>

Keynotes

  *   Wednesday (4/7) 8:00-8:50 a.m. PT
     *   Speaker: Albert Lionelle
     *   Title: We are Biased: Algorithms and Applications That Are Biasing Modern Education<http://www.elearningcolorado.org/albert-lionelle.html>
  *   Thursday (4/8) 8:00-8:50 a.m. PT
     *   Speaker: Dr. Pam Hanks
     *   Title: How To Recognize And Support Students With Autism Spectrum Disorder across Teaching Modalities<http://www.elearningcolorado.org/pam-hanks.html>
  *   Thursday (4/8) 11:00 -11:50 a.m. PT
     *   Speaker: Dr. Bridgitt Mitchell
     *   Title: We Teach Who We Are: Call to Consciousness & Accountability

For the evening socials:

  *   Wednesday (4/7) 4:00-4:50 p.m. PT
     *   Host: Raul Burriel (NW/MET) & Joe Way, University of Southern California
     *   Higher Ed AV Podcast (Live Recording)
  *   Thursday (4/8) 4:00-4:50 p.m. PT
     *   Host(s): Amy Arnold and Kristin Rivedal (eLCC)
     *   "Let's Put on a Show!" Variety Show
  *   Friday (4/8) 4:00-4:50 p.m. PT
     *   Host: Tim Chase (NWeLearn)
     *   Friday Finale!
Full organizer names: Northwest eLearning Community<https://nwelearn.org/conference/> (NWeLearn), eLearning Council of Colorado (eLCC)<http://www.elearningcolorado.org/> and Northwest Managers of Educational Technology (NW/MET)<https://nwmet.org/>

Schedule<https://nwelearn.org/conference/2021-program/> tips:

  *   To get the Zoom join buttons in the schedule, enter the registration password (that you were sent after registration or in the reminder email) or the email address you used to register.  You can register<https://elcc.corsizio.com/c/5ff7910a7eb2d1dbcd23829a> on the spot and you will receive an email confirmation.
  *   You can star sessions to add them to your favorites and then show only your favorited sessions by clicking on the "Show only my favorites" button. Your favorites are remembered so you can come back, reload the page, etc. and they'll still be there (assuming you're using the same browser).
  *   Like the above, the time zone you choose is remembered so when you come back to the page, it'll keep that time zone selected. (Be sure to select the correct time zone!)
  *   When the session ends, the zoom link will be replaced with "This session has passed" text.
  *   When the session is in progress, the zoom join link will say Join – session in progress (the link will be available until the session has ended).
  *   When the session is less than 15 minutes away, there's a little countdown above the join link that counts down to the session start.

Also, lastly, most of the sessions will be recorded, however with over 100 sessions, it will be a bit before we can get them up.

--
Jerry Lewis
Director of eLearning & Virtual Campus