[Factc] Winter 2020 FACTC Meeting

Taylor, Terry ttaylor at shoreline.edu
Thu Jan 16 21:02:02 PST 2020

Hi all,

After a great deal of thought we are having the Winter meeting at South Puget Sound Community College on Thursday, February 13 and Friday February 14.  The earlier and later dates appeared to create as many conflicts as the original.  Having discovered the conflict just before the Winter break it was difficult to get all the information we needed in sufficient time.   Thursday we will meet from 4 to 6 and then have dinner off campus.   Friday we will meet from  8 to 1 so everyone can get an early start  celebrating the 3rd century martyrdom of  St. Valentine.  (Sorry but one of my fields was Medieval history.)

However, we will not host a legislative reception this year but will try to plan them every other year for the biennial budget sessions.   There is just no way to compete with the TVW gala.

Jen, Karen, Jody, Denise, Rob, and Sally and myself are still communicating on the details of the meeting that will be forthcoming.

So plan for our original date and hope to see as many of you as possible in Olympia.

Terry

Terry L. Taylor
Assistant Dean, The Honors College
Professor of History, Political Science, and International Studies

Shoreline Community College

5343 FOSS
16101 Greenwood Ave. North

Shoreline, WA 98133 USA