[Factc] Do You Want an Elevator Pitch for Guided Pathways?

Jennifer Whetham jwhetham at sbctc.edu
Fri Jan 10 10:39:09 PST 2020

Thanks to those of you who joined us for Wednesday's webinar "Rethinking Student Instruction in Guided Pathways: Overview."

Here's what one attendee wrote after attending:

"I feel like I got the big picture of why we are doing GP in WA state (we got access, let's now get success), what the ultimate goal of the pathways are (secondary ed credential) and our more specific institutional goals (prepare students for transfer and/or direct entry to work), and the particular focus of how we are going to do it (focus on racial equity in our state, shrinking the gaps for HU students). I am looking forward to learning about how we are going to do these things along the 4 pillars of GP and specifically with the 4 approaches to instruction."

If you missed the webinar, here's the recording<http://bit.ly/2T7vnvK>, the slide deck<http://bit.ly/2tweTCO>, and an opportunity to provide me feedback<http://bit.ly/35zDjsp>.

It's not too late to sign up for the rest of the webinars!

·         Webinar #2: Emphasize Skills, Concepts, & Habits of Mind

o   Monday, January 13th, at 12pm

o   RSVP: https://forms.gle/nrpnsb37btmVnVu2A

·         Webinar #3:Peer-Based Professional Development

o   Wednesday, January 22nd, at 3:30pm

o   RSVP: https://forms.gle/kuovQRJkf2HnGxxX6

·         Webinar #4:Collaborate with Student Services Professionals

o   Wednesday, January 29th, at 3:00 pm

o   RSVP: https://forms.gle/y6vY3xScymAXB2LL7

·         Webinar #5: Leverage Technology Wisely

o   Friday, February 7th, at 1:00 PM

o   RSVP: https://forms.gle/sPeRKohip9yJxqEr8

These webinars will indeed be recorded, and we’ll post them on the SBCTC website. If you’d like the recording link e-mailed to you, please RSVP for the webinar. J
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Typos?

Please contact Jen Whetham at jwhetham at sbctc.edu<mailto:jwhetham at sbctc.edu>, or call or text (206) 310 1291

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]Jennifer Whetham (pronouns: she/her/hers)

Assessment, Teaching, and Learning (ATL), Education Division

Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC)

jwhetham at sbctc.edu<mailto:jwhetham at sbctc.edu> • o: 360-704-4354 • c: 206-310-1291

2019-20 ATL Initiative: "Supporting Faculty Engagement in Guided Pathways<http://bit.ly/2BpQe3q>"

Add Your Voice: Take the Survey<http://bit.ly/2odbDJM>

“The problems of racism in writing classrooms are not primarily pedagogical problems to solve alone. Racism is an assessment problem, which can only be fully solved by changing the system of assessment, by changing the classroom writing assessment ecology. Thus assessment must be reconceived as an antiracist ecology.”

 [*]        Asao B. Inoue, Antiracist Writing Assessment Ecologies<http://bit.ly/2xvacY4>