[Factc] Faculty! Are You Wondering What's Happening with Guided Pathways?

Jennifer Whetham jwhetham at sbctc.edu
Wed Dec 18 14:28:24 PST 2019

Dear Faculty Members:

Now that finals are over and we're all breathing a much-deserved sigh of relief ... you may find yourself with the emotional and mental space to ask questions like, Hey! I wonder what's going on with Guided Pathways?

Wouldn't you just LOVE some artifacts to review over your time off?

I knew it.

You WOULD!

Here you go ...

Issue Briefs

How about a super well organized, high-level issue brief to give you information about the funding allocation? How would you feel if you knew there were not one, but FOUR (yes, FOUR!) Issue Briefs?

  *   Guided Pathways Overview (2016): http://bit.ly/2S5H19Z
  *   Guided Pathways Overview (2019): http://bit.ly/2Et8jz9
  *   2019-2020 Guided Pathways Priorities: http://bit.ly/2EyNNNC
  *   HB 2158 & Guided Pathways Funding Guidelines: http://bit.ly/2S2iz9z

Self-Assessment Tools

What if I also told you there were four self-assessment tools you could use to start thinking about key areas of your GP implementation?

  *   Program Map Quality: http://bit.ly/38OT55o
  *   College-level Math Credit: http://bit.ly/2PzCNFL
  *   Advising: http://bit.ly/35BLuoS
  *   Engagement: http://bit.ly/34GdkiA

January 2020 Kick-Off Event

And did you know there is a Kick-Off Event? It's January 15th in Bremerton. Each college can send a cross-functional team of 7. You can read more about the Kick-Off event below.

Websites
The fabulous Kristi Wellington-Baker is the big heart and mind behind the system-level guided pathways implementation and carrying this extraordinary lift for our colleges. She is ably and tremendously supported by the equally wonderful Lexi Swanson (who recently graduated from Pierce College!) They have worked very hard on the Student Success Center website pages to make sure you have access to all kinds of GP resources.

  *   Student Success Center: http://bit.ly/2M78Mvh
  *   What is Guided Pathways?: http://bit.ly/35AMdGX
  *   History of Guided Pathways in Washington State: http://bit.ly/36Mf6Qs
  *   Online Resource Center: http://bit.ly/2tMSTRf
  *   Resources and Materials from GP Events: http://bit.ly/2r2t5SW

Questions?
There's a lot of us at SBCTC who would absolutely love to hear your questions!

  *   System Level Implementation
     *   Kristi Wellington-Baker: kwellingtonbaker at sbctc.edu
  *   System Level Events
     *   Lexi Swanson: lswanson at sbctc.edu
  *   K-12 Alignment, Math, Teaching and Learning, Faculty Engagement
     *   Bill Moore: bmoore at sbctc.edu
  *   Math, Math, Math, Math, MATH!
     *   Laura Schueller: lschueller at sbctc.edu
  *   Teaching and Learning, Faculty Engagement
     *   Jen Whetham: jwhetham at sbctc.edu

One More Thing ...
Would you find a webinar to go over the overall timeline and vision for the implementation helpful? We could also review some of these documents (where they live, how to find them, suggested uses, answer questions, etc.) If you would like such a webinar, just hit reply to this e-mail and write "Y." I'll know what you mean!

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]Jennifer Whetham (pronouns: she/her/hers)

Assessment, Teaching, and Learning (ATL), Education Division

Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC)

jwhetham at sbctc.edu<mailto:jwhetham at sbctc.edu> • o: 360-704-4354 • c: 206-310-1291

2019-20 ATL Initiative: "Supporting Faculty Engagement in Guided Pathways<http://bit.ly/2BpQe3q>"

Add Your Voice: Take the Survey<http://bit.ly/2odbDJM>

“The problems of racism in writing classrooms are not primarily pedagogical problems to solve alone. Racism is an assessment problem, which can only be fully solved by changing the system of assessment, by changing the classroom writing assessment ecology. Thus assessment must be reconceived as an antiracist ecology.”

 [*]        Asao B. Inoue, Antiracist Writing Assessment Ecologies<http://bit.ly/2xvacY4>