[Factc] Website info for a new FACTC rep

Sally Sheedy SSheedy at whatcom.edu
Fri Sep 29 12:46:46 PDT 2017

David,

The FACTC website address is: factc.org/

I am the (relatively new) web maven for the site. I knew there were vestiges of the old site on the host server, but I wasn't aware the pages were coming up in Google searches. I wanted to remove that content only after I could ascertain that it wasn't needed (ie referred to anywhere by the live site). Now I plan to copy it off the server, and I'll test to see if anything breaks (now that I am more familiar with the live site, it doesn't seem likely).

As for what you were hoping to find on the site, at the last meeting we noted that a New Representatives page would be a good addition but I haven't got any content for it yet. You can help by sharing with me what would be most helpful, or what seems to be missing from the site as you go through it. I would be thankful for any representative to suggest ideas for the page.

I haven't yet put up the minutes from the two most recent meetings but I'll try to today. I will be making improvements over time.

Note that as you go through the main menu links across the top (between Home and Contact), each is the first item in that section, and the second, third, etc. appear below it. For example, if you click on the word About, you'll get to the first About page; if you hover on the word About, links appear below that go to three more pages in the About section, for a total of four. (This confused me at first, so I figured I'd share.)

Thanks,

-Sally

Sally Sheedy
Systems Librarian
Whatcom Community College Library
237 West Kellogg Road
Bellingham, WA 98226
360-383-3287  (library 3300, college 3000)
ssheedy at whatcom.edu
library.whatcom.edu