[Etag] FW: [Itc-c] ITC - Zoom Contract Update

Wrye, Tim twrye at highline.edu
Fri Aug 28 13:22:48 PDT 2020

Sharing the update from the conversation with Zoom yesterday as promised on our call.

Tim

From: ITC-C <itc-c-bounces at lists.ctc.edu> on behalf of "itc-c at lists.ctc.edu" <itc-c at lists.ctc.edu>
Date: Friday, August 28, 2020 at 12:44 PM
To: "itc-c at lists.ctc.edu" <itc-c at lists.ctc.edu>
Subject: [Itc-c] ITC - Zoom Contract Update

CAUTION: This email originated from outside Highline College. Do not click links or open attachments unless you validate the sender and know the content is safe. If you are unsure, contact the Help Desk at x4357 (206-592-4357) or email helpdesk at highline.edu.

Good afternoon, ITC,

 I’m following up on what we learned about the Zoom licensing agreements yesterday. For full contract reference, I attached Grant’s email with attached Zoom Authorized Purchasers contract, your colleges’ license counts (both k20 and free covid numbers) and a comparison of non-zoom pricing options.  As a reminder, all licenses in the “temp licenses assigned” column in the attached spreadsheet go away on September 30.

Tenants

Most of us are currently sub-tenants of the master k20 account. When you purchase additional licenses, they must go into their own tenant – not a sub-tenant of k20. This means you can either:

1. Buy all needed licenses and MOVE our existing k20 sub-tenant to our own master tenant no longer associated with k20.  This brings with it all users, scheduled meeting, configurations and vanity URLS. Your k20 licenses go back to the SBCTC pool for other colleges to use.

OR

2. Maintain 2 tenants – one is your existing k20 licensed tenant (see Pro Licenses Assigned column in attached spreadsheet) and one is an entirely new tenant with no users/meetings/configs/vanity url with your newly purchased licenses.

OR

3. Do nothing and just maintain your existing k20 licenses (see Pro Licenses Assigned column in attached spreadsheet).

Minimum Purchase Required

As Grant outlined and highlighted in the attached email, there are minimum purchase requirements. These are a total annual value of $1200 (or about 200 pro licenses). For HIPAA accounts, there is a minimum $2400 threshold to receive the BAA and HIPAA-compliant accounts (this totals roughly 450 licenses or a combo of products).

Terms

There is a minimum (2) year subscription term. Colleges can choose to pay it annually or all up front (think CARES) – your choice. You may not reduce your license numbers during this term; however, you can add licenses in bundles of 50 users at any time.

Free temp “COVID” licenses

These end on September 30. If you are in the purchase process, you may be able to request a 1-month extension while processing is completed.

Webinars

Our existing temp webinar licenses are “Webinar 1,000” and go for $2,890. They all expire on 9/30/20. If you use these, you may want to consider if you can use a smaller meeting number to save money (i.e. 500 vs 1000 webinar attendees). Also, there is a live stream option<https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115001777826-Live-Streaming-Meetings-or-Webinars-Using-a-Custom-Service> available via YouTube or FB for free to live stream one-directional meetings like graduation. This may be a better option if you don’t need the two-way interaction or would like to reduce the number of webinars you need to purchase.

HIPAA

HIPAA licenses provide you with a BAA, encrypted communication<https://zoom.us/docs/doc/Zoom-hipaa.pdf>, no cloud recording and must live in a sub-tenant of your master account (see also minimum purchase requirements above). For this reason, it is recommended that HIPAA users are only HIPAA users and do not move between regular and HIPAA Zoom accounts. Remember an email address must only existing in one tenant at a time.

Accessibility

For those who review accessibility as part of their purchase process, VPATs for all Zoom applications can be found at https://zoom.us/accessibility.

What happens to the “left behind” licenses in the k20 tenant?

As mentioned above, when schools decide to purchase all of their licenses and move to their own master tenant (option 1), their licenses return to the SBCTC pool. Because there are large and medium schools who will be freeing up k20 licenses, this leaves a potential for smaller schools (mostly schools who do not meet the 200 minimum purchase threshold) to receive additional k20 licenses to fully meet their needs. It is not a given that there will be enough to go around, but it may help some.

What’s Now?

Still have questions - If you still have questions about how this works or you’d like to participate in an ITC conversation with Zoom, you can join us for an ITC Q&A session with Anne Kaiser, our Zoom rep, on Tuesday, September 1 from 3-4pm. I will also send a meeting invite following this email. If you cannot make this meeting and would like to schedule a zoom conversion with Anne, please send me a message individually.

Ready to buy - Please send email to Anne Kaiser (anne.kaiser at zoom.us<mailto:anne.kaiser at zoom.us>) and Bruce Steele (bruce.steele at zoom.us<mailto:bruce.steele at zoom.us>) for a quote request including the following information:

  *   Your name/college/email/phone number
  *   Your Zoom Account number (found on your admin’s profile page)
  *   Your tenant owner’s email address
  *   Your billing contact information
  *   Reference OFM contract # K2897
  *   The number of each type of license you wish to purchase

They will ask you to confirm that you understand you are moving your k20 sub-tenant to your own master tenant.

Enjoy your weekend!
Heidi

[Visit the CBC Website]<https://www.columbiabasin.edu/>

Heidi Wasem (she/her/hers)
Information Services Director
509-544-2020, or ext. 2020
2600 N. 20th Ave. Pasco, WA 99301
[Follow CBC on Facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/columbiabasincollege> [Follow CBC on Instagram] <https://www.instagram.com/cbcollege>  [Follow CBC on Twitter] <https://www.twitter.com/cbcollege>  [Follow CBC on YouTube] <https://www.youtube.com/columbiabasincollege>  [Follow CBC on Snapchat] <https://www.snapchat.com/add/cbchawkssnaps>
[We All Soar Together]