[DEOC] Response needed: Please fill out form to gain access to GARE (Government Alliance on Racial Equity)

Sophia Agtarap sagtarap at sbctc.edu
Mon Mar 20 15:07:00 PDT 2023

Dear DEOC folk--

Happy Monday and Spring Equinox!

As I mentioned briefly during my presentation on Friday at our meeting, I have petitioned for us (SBCTC, and by extension, your institutions) to become members of GARE and have access to the wealth of resources available. Our membership has been accepted and will go live later this week. (YAY!)

As I have experienced in other organizations that have had GARE membership, I believe our membership in this organization will enable us to continue to meet the needs and demands of our students, faculty, and staff and lighten the load (even a little) of this work.

For you to gain access, please fill out the following form and holler if you have questions:

https://forms.gle/jp5gyaWoiQowt5a36

A bit more about GARE: GARE’s Membership Network is composed of over 400 jurisdictions at the forefront of local and regional government’s work to advance racial equity. The Network is a professional peer-to-peer network that enables government racial equity directors/leads and subject area experts to exchange information, collaborate to advance their practice, and develop solutions to racial equity challenges. GARE builds and strengthens the connections between members in order to quickly access each other’s knowledge and expertise to achieve better, more effective outcomes at scale. The connections fostered by GARE have become increasingly important as government at multiple levels (cities, counties, regional jurisdictions, states and the federal government) works to advance racial equity and transform government into an effective and inclusive democracy.

Sophia Kristina R. Agtarap (she/siya)

Director, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion

[cid:cbf06cb5-8c47-4474-a62a-52476fa165cf]<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/428a9a0a3cb14afe82036360d2d894a8@sbctc.edu?anonymous&ep=signature>                Book time to meet with me<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/428a9a0a3cb14afe82036360d2d894a8@sbctc.edu?anonymous&ep=signature>