[DEOC] As requested, Faculty of Color registration extended

Davida Sharpe-Haygood dsharpehaygood at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 10:38:47 PST 2022

Thank you for the emails in interest in participating in the
cross-institutional faculty of color mentoring program. I love hearing from
everyone who wants to be part of the program. To help with registration
still awaiting supervisor approval, or other busy life things we face, we
will extend the registration date until November 28th. Also, please
remember that part-time faculty are welcome to participate. This is a
program for us, and we want to ensure that we work to help build each other
and increase the retention of faculty of color.

For any faculty member running into barriers to their institution investing
in their professional development for this program,  we understand
financial moderations are happening due to enrollment and pandemic
recovery. Yet, our Faculty of color professional development is highly
important for colleges seeking to increase and sustain their diversity. The
challenges that Faculty of color are navigating right now increase the
importance of community and mentor support. This program benefits not only
Faculty's well-being but also the institution. Please email us directly if
you are running into any challenges with registration. This will allow us
to support you and look at options to ensure your participation.

Registration form: https://forms.gle/A1Pp4W5aoXizmKQu8

More information on the program can be found on the SBCTC website
https://www.sbctc.edu/colleges-staff/programs-services/faculty-of-color-mentorship/