[DEOC] SBCTC EDI updates for DEOC

Melissa Williams mwilliams at sbctc.edu
Fri May 27 13:38:47 PDT 2022

Hello, Roderick,

I hope this message finds you well, and thank you for your patience in my responding to you.

DEI Strategic Plans
Materials from all our EDI information sessions this year is available on a shared Google drive, including the presentation slides, documents, and other materials. You may click the “DEI Strategic Plans” link in the third bullet point below to access the Strategic Plan information. For reference, our sessions were:

  *   SB 5194 and 5227<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VNfPbcaLHXRS4ew87kpx8sgxB15lTKyw?usp=sharing> in January
  *   Faculty Diversity Programs<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11lggaRT77E39_B_D1BINQHPmy_GTZ89W?usp=sharing> in March
  *   DEI Strategic Plans<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13JNKFkdhXulkcwzC05tTsl0yZ16Zq4y4?usp=sharing> in May

Recordings from the sessions will be available on our EDI calendar<https://www.sbctc.edu/about/edi/edi-calendar.aspx> webpage within two weeks and we will also soon launch a Canvas Course to include the information presented in the sessions.

Campus Climate Assessments
Regarding the campus climate assessment, yes, colleges are to hold listening and feedback sessions with the entire campus community (students, faculty, staff, and administrators) in the periods between climate surveys. If you conduct a survey before the end of 2022, it is not expected that you consider information from the listening and feedback sessions until 2023.

Please let me know if you have additional questions. I’m happy to help.

Enjoy your weekend,
Melissa

[Compass] Melissa Williams (she/her)
Policy Associate for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
mwilliams at sbctc.edu<mailto:mwilliams at sbctc.edu> •360-704-3992
sbctc.edu<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sbctc.edu%2F&data=04%7C01%7C%7C63d0e5dbcad24d8efc3308d98770b8e6%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637689740690567533%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=o77uoJYzhWFtUWvDSe9LYtNaNl91pXW%2Bc3qFL6Vf4G0%3D&reserved=0> • Twitter: @SBCTCWashington<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FSBCTCWashington&data=04%7C01%7C%7C63d0e5dbcad24d8efc3308d98770b8e6%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637689740690577531%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=5Ez5R6qDrFRQwmMmGkjwOZtEi%2Bvcvl8%2BGIBL7EEOyNg%3D&reserved=0> • Facebook: @WASBCTC<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fwasbctc%2F&data=04%7C01%7C%7C63d0e5dbcad24d8efc3308d98770b8e6%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637689740690577531%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=cPL1T9anKaDsF3QiHIj6IaytHajhcggr7Wx9U2gw5QU%3D&reserved=0>
                                                SBCTC Vision
“Leading with racial equity, our colleges maximize student potential and transform lives
within a culture of belonging that advances racial, social, and economic justice
in service to our diverse communities.”